In accordance with the provisions of Bill 73 and the requirements of Regulation 613, Student Transportation Services of Waterloo Region provides child booster seats for students where needed.
STSWR provides child booster seats for all passengers travelling on a vehicle with less than 10 seats when the age or weight and height conditions are met:
- Are under the age of eight and;
- Weigh between 18-36 kg (40-80 lbs.) and;
- Stand less than 145 cm (4 feet 9 inches) tall.
STSWR also provides forward-facing child car seats for all passengers travelling on a vehicle with less than 10 seats and who:
- Weigh between 9-18 kg (20-40 lbs.).
STSWR also provides rear-facing child car seats for all passengers travelling on a vehicle with less than 10 seats and who:
- Weigh less than 9 kg (<20 lbs.).
- It is the responsibility of parents, guardians and school staff to ensure that students are sitting properly in their seats and that their seat belts are buckled before the vehicle departs. The school bus/taxi driver will not buckle or unbuckle the students; they will observe that it is done correctly.
Taxi or van drivers will not transport students without car/booster seats when those seats are required.
The child booster seats shall remain the property of STSWR.