During the fall, winter and spring of the school year, unusual or severe weather conditions can lead to a number of different situations requiring cancellation of some or all student transportation. It is important that School Boards, the schools, the public, the media, vehicle operators and STSWR all initiate or receive the same message. This procedure attempts to simplify this process as it applies to both Boards.
For decisions made prior to the start of the school day, every effort will be made to ensure that a media announcement and fan out activation commences prior to 6AM.
Transportation Services Announcements
Once a decision has been made to cancel transportation services (http://www.stswr.ca/wp-content/uploads/STSWR_Inclement_Weather_Cancellation_Evaluation_Process.pdf), one of the following announcements will be communicated to all stakeholders.
- Weather Impacted Learning Day, All Buses Cancelled, All Schools Closed
Due to the current weather conditions ALL SCHOOL BUSES, TAXIS AND SPECIAL EDUCATION ROUTES operated by the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and Waterloo Region District School Board are cancelled.
- All WCDSB and WRDSB schools and sites are CLOSED and it will be a Remote Learning Day.
- Students should visit their respective virtual classrooms or WCDSB and WRDSB Learning @ Home for resources.
- All before and after school programs and child care centres co-located in schools are CLOSED.
- All programs and services offered by St. Louis Continuing Education and Adult and Learning Centres will be done through remote learning from home.
- St Isidore will operate as a regular, remote learning school day.
Before School Begins
One of the notifications listed above will be communicated in the following way:
- Cancellations are posted on STSWR’s home page stswr.ca
- STSWR’s “Delays and Cancellations” link (https://bpweb.stswr.ca/Cancellations.aspx
- Families have the option of receiving automatic notifications via email through our subscription service https://www.stswr.ca/parents/
- Follow STSWR on twitter (@STSWR)
- Email/Text to media outlets, WCDSB and WRDSB
- WCDSB and WRDSB websites
- WCDSB and WRDSB twitter feeds
Local Media Outlets
- All media outlets listed below:
Virgin Radio FM 105.3 CKWR Kitchener FM 98.5
CBC Radio FM 89.1 CHYM Kitchener FM 96.7
570 News AM 570 Dave Rocks FM 107.5
Country 106.7 FM 106.7 CHUM FM FM 104.5
Faith FM FM 94.3 The Beat FM 91.5
CTV Kitchener The Record
City News Channel