Transportation Service Interruptions
September 16th, 2022
While more than 90% of scheduled trips are operating normally, some routes are experiencing more frequent and prolonged delays (50 minutes or greater) due to driver shortages. As a result, Student Transportation Services of Waterloo Region (STSWR) will need to cancel some routes for a short period of time.
Families will be informed the day prior to any cancellation. Cancellations will be posted on the STSWR website with an expected return date.
• Register for notifications on the STSWR parent portal
• Check the Bus Delays page on the STSWR website
If a school bus route is cancelled, you have two options:
• Learn remotely asynchronously:
- Students use their class Virtual Learning Environment (D2L or Google Classroom).
- Students may access lessons on TVO.
• Alternative transportation:
- Families may find another way for students to get to school.